A) BASEMENTS FLOODING
Residents have been frustrated by repeated flooding, in Ward 7 and other areas, that they’re even afraid to go away for a vacation.
Many residents of WARD 7 have lost the flooding insurance coverage for their homes. On election day, let’s stand up together and SAY “NO” TO REPEATED FLOODED BASEMENTS!
Once elected, I will support:
• Keeping in place the financial subsidy to install a sump pump with sump pump overflow and/or backwater valve(s) and/or disconnect foundation drains from the floor drain;
• Vulgarizing the information to the most affected areas that residents will be informed about the possibility and the opportunity;
• Subsidizing the disconnection of Downspouts wherever they still exist.
B) DRAINS & SEWERS
Whether the last flooding was caused by blocked drains or heavy rains, it is up to the City of Windsor to maintain the drains, the sewers (Storm and Sanitary) and make sure they are up to the capacity of the City’ s expansion.
Once elected, I will support and follow up for:
• Investments in Drains & Sewers capabilities.
C) ROADS MAINTENANCE
Roads and means of transport make a crucial contribution to economic development and growth, and bring important social benefits.
Once elected, I will encourage and support:
• Constituents to report any pothole or other roads/sidewalk damages in order to get them repaired as soon as possible;
• Follow-up with the reports submitted and the repairs that will have been done.
D) ROADS CONSTRUCTION
Some roads like Jarvis Avenue (see the picture at the left top) have been neglected for a while and it is time to rebuild them. It looks trashy, affects property value and is not tolerated in other areas of the city. “No parking on the east curb has to be enforced.
Residents have expressed a wish to see some closed access to stop non-resident through traffic and ban any through traffic-heavy trucks/equipment.
Once elected, my pledge is to get:
• Jarvis Avenue, as well as other roads, constructed.
• Mill and apply a fresh topcoat of pavement until permanent local improvements can move ahead.
II. PUBLIC SECURITY
The ”BREAK-INS” that are happening in cars, garages and homes are unusual and can no longer be endured by WARD 7 residents.
Those who break-in know how hard and long it takes to law enforcement to show up whenever they are called for help.
I will stand and support to BRING BACK the POLICE STATION in FORST GLADE, LAUZON or at JEFFERSON.
With this in place, help from police will be available within minutes instead of the delays of hours and days we experience nowadays.
III. PUBLIC SAFETY
Road traffic injuries contribute substantially to the disease burden. We have some streets in residential areas that have no signs of speed limits, no bumps and no sidewalks.This should be noted and addressed for better prevention of incidents and accidents that would cost the community a lot.
I will stand and support to put SPEED LIMIT SIGNS everywhere they are needed to remind drivers about the speed limit, support and encourage the application of LAW ENFORCEMENT, and propose some SPEED BUMPS on particular streets.